Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Red Ribbon for Nova Nouvelle


Another second place for Nova Nouvelle in Miniature. What did I learn with this quilt? Always make sure you trim your seam allowances. I was so excited, impatient to put this together that I didn't do that. I realized after quilting that the shadows showed through and it doesn't look as finished as it should. Hopefully I will not do another quilt with this problem, but I do get in a hurry. Even with this small defect, I love this quilt and think it is beautiful. I would like to do a similar style lone star in different colors. It's amazing the effect that the color wash has on the design.

I am really excited, nervous, almost nauseous today. I had a picture cd made, and filled out an application for the Pacific International Quiltfest. I hope Butterfly Pond makes it in! I feel scared because I really don't want to be rejected, but I'm nervous that it will be accepted and looked at up-close and personal by the judges! I am keeping myself busy so I don't think about it too much, but I'm sure my heart rate soars every time I go there. Well, it's out of my hands now. Wish me luck, please!

2 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

good luck! I like the one you shared today. (Was that a Jinny Beyer kit?) I have a lone star UFO....

Pamela said...

Actually she published the pattern for a full size quilt in McCall's quilting magazine. I loved it, but didn't want to spend way over $100.00 for the fabric to make it full sized. So, I miniaturized it. The hardest part was figuring out how to draft that funny shaped corner piece. The best part - picking the fabric out of my stash and not spending a dime to make it!