Thursday, September 14, 2006

Accepted in PIQF!!


I am bouncing off the wall - I just got my notification that Butterfly Pond has been accepted in the Pacific International Quilt Festival! I have been trying not to think about it, and when the envelope arrived today I was afraid to open it - but I did! Wowwee!!! Now I am all nervous about getting it packaged up and shipped off - and I need to change the sleeve on it. Plus all the double checking of loose threads.... I just don't know what to do first! Actually first I need to get it ready to hang in our Guild show this weekend, then worry about the rest. I am so happy right now I can't even express it - I am so glad I took the risk of just entering my quilt, anything beyond this is just icing on the cake.

9 comments:

Kay said...

Congratulations! I can well understand how excited you are. It's a very striking quilt.

Micki said...

Congratulations! It's beautiful.

Sandra said...

Hey, great! The quilt is beautiful.

laura west kong said...

Congratulations! It's a stunning quilt.

Rian said...

Congratulations! What a thrill! I am so proud of you.

Granny Fran said...

Good on you for creating such a gorgeous quilt and for having the courage to enter it. I can see why it was accepted. Relax and enjoy!

Corky said...

Congratulations - a well deserved honor.

Marianne said...

I really love the abundance of this piece, so full of color and life. I had just quilted a strip pieced quilt in the ditch and when I saw your quilting on the strips I knew it would be the last time SITD! Good luck with it in the show

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! Wow this quilt is beautiful. I hope to make quilts like this one day....