Monday, September 11, 2006

Remembering

I think that a lot of us today are a little lost in memories of the awful attack 5 years ago. I've seen a lot of quilts made to document this event in our lives, but as of yet I have not made one. But September 11 is a day that will not be forgotten for the rest of my life. I don't know how it could be forgotten by anybody who like me, was not an eyewitness, but witnessed it through television and other media. The shock and disbelief that I felt watching the unending news reports will always be with me. I am always grateful that my family is safe, and I can hug them and laugh with them. I am thankful that God has blessed me so abundantly with people that love me and that I love, and that He watches over us all of our lives, even in scary, sad, and trying times.

My daughter and her husband came for the weekend. She has been learning to sew again, so I gave her one of my old machines and have been helping her. So much fun - her dad says I am corrupting her. She made a lot of little bags this weekend and I finished two baby quilt tops. I still have blocks cut for at least two more, and one needs to be quilted for the show this weekend. We went to JoAnn's and bought her some more sewing supplies, she got a rotary cutter and mat set, and I bought her a ruler.

Here's a picture of my completed New York Beauty blocks. We will be meeting at the end of September to decide how to set them together - we made 60 blocks all together. I'm excited to see how this quilt will come out. I'm not sure who the ticket chairman is, but I'm sure they'll do well with this one. I love the way the background is split, just something a little different.

No comments: