Monday, September 18, 2006

Sea of Quilts 12

Our annual quilt show is now over and quilters all over town are relieved, and inspired to create new works for next years show! It was a very nice show, as usual. Our entries were down a bit this year, which was actually a plus in the small category because they didn't have to hang them as high on the wall as they have in the past. Some of the categories were pretty small, only four or five entries. The large quilt, professionally quilted category had 30 entries, which was the largest category. Small quilt, hand quilted had only 3 entries (note to self, make sure to enter a small hand quilted quilt next year!)

I got two blue ribbons and a red this year, so I was very happy! My miniature Storm at Sea won in the Miniature category and Jewel of the Prairie won in the Large Quilt, Machine quilted (non professionally) category. Butterfly Pond placed second in the small quilt category. The prize packages were very nice this year and I got an assortment of nice goodies, including thread that I will definitely be putting to good use! Lots of fun and it's nice to be finished. I did a demo on hand quilting, which was fun. Not too many people there, so that was fine because it's really easier to do hand quilting on a one to one basis.

This week, I have to prepare for the EQ5 class I am teaching on Saturday! Last time I checked, I had 9 people signed up to take the class, if we get 10 we'll start a second class. I'm planning to just teach the basics, and if my students are interested to go on to more difficult classes later on. The drawing is really fun, but tricky to figure out on your own. I have really enjoyed using the program, and I do use it a lot, so it will be interesting to see if I can encourage these other ladies to get more out of the program. Some of them have never really used it at all, just loaded it into their computer!

No comments: