Friday, September 08, 2006

September Guild Meeting

Last night we had our first meeting of the year at Sand N Sea Quilt Guild. I enjoyed it very much - returned two very overdue library books, turned in my New York Beauty Blocks for the '07 raffle quilt, and I even bought a block of the month (a very cute little house for halloween!) I had a good time catching up with some of my quilting friends, and was inspired. All of these things are what I like about quilt guild. What I really don't like is that the same people always sit in the same spots, so I always end up way in the back. I feel like I'm butting in if I try to sit in a spot other than my usual place, and I'd really like to sit and visit with some different people sometimes. Maybe I just need to get over it and butt in!

Didn't do any quilting yesterday, but did hem 5 pairs of pants (with cuffs) and replaced an invisible zipper in a pair of pants. So I am free this afternoon to quilt. This morning I am busy getting the cars serviced. Glad I have a book to read while I am waiting! Our program last night was making name tags so if I get myself together I could even work on that while I am waiting. I might do some simple embroidery, I haven't done any for ages, and it really sounds like fun. I've been eyeing some quilt block kits that have embroidered flowers on them, so that may be a good hand work project for television season. Though most of the programs we watch aren't really good for watching while stitching - like Lost!

Off I go, nothing will get done while I'm here on the computer - but it is a lot of fun!

1 comment:

Kay said...

There's something about quilt guilds--I go to two, and one of them is exactly what you describe. If you don't have a "joined at the hip" buddy, sister, sister-in-law, cousin, etc., etc., you're a bit out. You're right: the thing to do is barge in. These people aren't really unfriendly, just oblivious to anyone they haven't known for 20 years!

Congratulations on your blue ribbon. That's a deserved one!