I also finished this small portrait piece. It is something I've had on the back burner for a while. It was fun to get it done. I did not like the way the fusible quilted, my machine did not like it much at all, I broke my thread several times. Next time I'll try a different needle and see if that helps. I actually liked the back better that the front, but then again, I am a piecer at heart. I do want to try new things, though, so I will keep experimenting! This one is before adding the decorative thread to the front. I'm not so sure I like it, but it does look rather rainy which was the whole point of it.
The quilting started out at the top with some swirls to represent the wind, but then I ended up doing more of a McTavishing towards the bottom, which I really liked a lot better. Anyway, done is a good thing, so now I don't have to feel guilty about another project that I've started and not finished! I'm all about finishing projects this month - enough tops already, I need to finish some quilts.