Monday, April 09, 2007

Lots of Excitement!

This has been a week with a lot of exciting things going on for me! "Memories of the Titanic" was juried into the Denver National Quilt Festival so I am very happy about that! I was really unhappy with the pictures I took, but as the deadline was creeping up on me I had to send what I had. Apparently they were good enough! I was really hoping to be able to go for the show, but that weekend has blossomed with other responsabilities so I won't be able to attend, but I am bound and determined to go to a show this year, so I will have to start planning now!

The other exciting thing is that I got my printer networked to my laptop! It took a little back and forth running, but I got it going and I am thrilled - I can't think of a thing that I can't accomplish from my little sewing room now! I just need a little fridge and hot plate and I could lock myself in and create forever (there's even an attached bathroom!).

I am going to be doing some 1" embellished fabric squares for a swap - there are some really neat examples out there on the web, so just take a look! I'll post some links as I find them.

I am thinking of making a quilt for the 100,000.00 Quilting Challenge. I just missed the 3rd deadline, so I have until June to come up with something wonderful. Of course it will be a pieced quilt - that definitely my thing. I really like doing a lot of things, but I think that the traditional piecing is where my true talents lie.

I'm on the run today, lots to take care of, but I plan to write a very long post all about my titanic quilt so stay tuned!

No comments: