Sunday, December 02, 2007

There's a Big Wind Coming!

Hopefully we won't all blow away - they've even cancelled school for tomorrow! Hopefully the electricity will stay on because I have just been goofing off today and have not even touched the wedding dress I am supposed to be hemming. I think it will be all right because I don't think the bride will want to come out to pick it up tomorrow anyway! I just wish my poor husband didn't have to go out in this mess tomorrow, but neither wind nor rain....



This is that lovely pastel quilt I was so happy with this week. It's really hard to take a good picture of a pastel quilt - they look really washed out. I just did a nice stipple on it, using a soft green thread, and it looks absolutely awesome. I plan to list it on Etsy this week. I am also having a special sale -25% off the featured items in my shop. Don't know if it will help, but I sure have a lot of quilts that I want to get re-homed before the end of the year!

I have been doing a lot of thinking about Etsy, and I think I have been spending way too much time trying to come up with lower priced items, and promoting, and just generally worrying over it. I have decided that I will just continue to put my finished quilts on there, but no more totes or bag tags or checkbook covers. It's not that much fun to work at making all this stuff just so I can have a variety of prices and new stuff to list all the time. Plus that I am having to store and take care of all of it. Not really what I want to do. I want to make quilts. I like making postcards, too. I may check out some other places for selling my quilts. I plan to spend some time promoting my patterns this month, and hopefully get some wholesale going on with quilt shops on the west coast here.

Hopefully I'll be checking in tomorrow evening and letting you know how the big storm goes!

No comments: