Saturday, May 31, 2008

Binding, Journals, and Dear Jane

I guess I have been productive this week, though for some reason I don't feel like I've done all that much. I guess my issue is that I feel like I should have done more, but then again, don't I always!

I made a couple of quilted journal covers. One out of batiks left over from the Jewel of the Prairie Quilt I made 2 years ago. Just a simple cover that slips over a composition notebook, no frills, just quilted with swirls and bound at the top and bottom edges.


The second Journal Cover features the Eiffel Tower. It was the funniest thing because I woke up with this idea in my head that morning. I had a blast picking fabrics out of my stash and finding goodies to add to it. This one has a pocket for your pen on the inside cover, a ribbon book-mark and it closes with a jewelry clasp (which I think is such a clever idea!) I really love how this came out, and I'm looking forward to making some more covers, using different fabrics and ribbons.
I managed to complete two triangles for my Dear Jane project so I'm pretty excited about that. These are the 9th and 10th triangles on the top row. I used a combination of regular piecing, paper piecing and foundation piecing for both of these.
And last, but not least, the binding is on Spinning Wheels. I found the perfect blue, and I feel like it really gives a nice finish to this quilt. I'm not as fond of the poly batt for the edging, it always seems to be more prone to rippling than the cotton, but it's not bad. I'm looking forward to working on some of my own projects this week! I have several quilts waiting to be quilted and I'm eager to play with some ideas, so it should be a good week (as long as I don't get any wedding dresses to bustle!)

No comments: