Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thursday is a Jane Day



Another thursday, another block on my Dear Jane journey. Did I ever mention that I find this quilt particularly charming because Jane really is my middle name?
Anyway, this afternoon I worked on block D-4, Crystal Star. It didn't take me a long time to decide how to make this one - I paper pieced the sides with the triangles, mitering the corners onto the middle square. Then I added the smaller melons to the corners by appliqueing them. It looks very nice! Well, at the rate of 1 block a week it should take me about 3 years to finish! Oh well, that's not very long for a forever project.
I enjoyed quilting this afternoon, there were three of us. A little show and tell, and a lot of chatting. Great fun, and very motivating. We are going to have a challenge this fall. Four of us are going to exchange 5 inch batik squares and make a project. So, we will each have 100 batik squares each to make something out of. I think it will be fun to try (of course, I'm the girl who thinks every challenge is a fun time).
One wedding dress out the door today, and a new one coming in tomorrow, plus 6 men's shirts to finish. Lots of sewing this weekend for me, and hopefully a little quilting, just to keep me happy!

No comments: