Sunday, October 25, 2009

Keeping up the pace...

I spent the afternoon working on more projects today. I finished binding the two quilts I quilted yesterday and took pictures of them, even though it was a cloudy day. It feels really good to have two finished projects!

The first one made me think of the song "Stray Cat Strut" but I didn't think that made such a great title for a baby quilt, so just called it Cats on the Fence. The second one is a panel with pieced borders that has the words "Ever After" so that will be it's name. I think this would make a cute baby quit, or even a housewarming gift. Kind of folk art looking, I think.

I also added the final border to the ribbon star table runner I have been working on, and finished writing the pattern for that. Now I just have to make some non-holiday samples of it and I will be ready to get that printed up.

I got two quilts basted, my second version of "Candy Heart" that was not quite what I wanted, and the scrap quilt I made from the leftovers of this. I used a little piece of Strawberry Shortcake fabric that I have had in my stash for many years for the back of the little one - it will be adorable when it's finished!

So I am pretty happy with me efforts this weekend. I feel like I have been a bit "blocked" with my quilting, but it felt really good to go from project to project this weekend and just move some of them along toward the finish line. Hopefully as I have some spare time this week I will continue to chip away at these projects and even have time to start some of the new ones that are flitting around the edges of my thoughts.

No comments: