Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Sun Came out Today!

I have had a relatively lazy day today, but hurrah! the sun came out and I got a picture of my new quilt! So here it is in all it's glory~






Isn't this a pretty one?




I finished up my challenge quilt for my local Etsy team - OCEAN (Oregon Coast Etsy Artist Network) We were challenged to come up with a fashion themed item. I had a whole different idea until I came upon this paper pieced shoe pattern this weekend. I had a great time trying to choose four different shoes to feature. So many fabrics, but not all of them look good as shoes, you know! I actually pieced the blocks last night, and quilted and bound it this morning. It really cam out nice, and I think I will use the block to make a quilted journal cover later this week.




I missed going to my OCEAN team meeting today because we are switching our satellite TV provider. We got a DVR and are having a good time figuring out the new technology. It was fun being able to rewind as we were watching our show tonight - So You Think You Can Dance. I found a couple of quilting shows to add to my list, so we'll see if I like them. So a good day and very restful, tomorrow will be busy as I work all day at the quilt shop. Probably not much quilting for me, but who knows what will inspire me as I spend the day in the midst of all the fabric!

1 comment:

Indianna said...

These colour work so well together. I've used the Moda Martinique jelly roll and some of the ones for the heart are a bit pale. I think it is best to choose fabrics to fit the design rather than just get hooked on using ONE jelly roll. I have cut the strips for the heart and then sewn them back together again, before cutting out the 12" triangles. I had to use the selvege - but I will loose that when I cut out the 11.5" square - I hope I'm not being too ambitious for my 1st quilt!