Friday, April 08, 2011

A Good Day of Quilting

Oh yes, today I had a very good day of quilting, indeed. I am up against a deadline, so I didn't think I would enjoy it as much as I did, but I really had a blast! In fact, I couldn't stop having so much fun - but let me start at the beginning and explain... This is the Coos Sand 'n Sea Raffle quilt for 2011. I volunteered to chair the committee. I provided the pattern and asked for guild members to make blocks, and so they did. I had three helpers to put it together, and I decided to quilt it myself. Just for the fun of it. Well that was before March got out of hand, so here we are in April and the quilt needs to be finished this week!
I got my quilt all basted and ready to go yesterday. I even knew how I was going to quilt it. I figured out how much quilting I would need to do each day to finish by Monday. Yesterday I quilted my 20 blocks and was able to quit. Today I quilted 20 more blocks. Then decided to go ahead and finish all the spiderwebs. Then (encouraged by nice comments on my facebook status and picture of work in progress!) I couldn't wait to try the feathers on the star blocks. I was having so much fun, I went back to it after dinner and finished them all.
They were really fun to work on! They are not all perfect, but they look excellent, don't they?

Now all I have to do is quilt the border and bind it. Oh, and add a label.


And here is a frugal quilting tip for you. If you want to make a quilt, but don't want to spend any money yourself, volunteer to work on a project for your guild or other organization. They buy the fabric, you get all the fun, and then they make money on the tickets! Winning situation for everyone!!


Have a happy and weekend and take some time for making something you love!


Pamela

1 comment:

OliveStreetStudio said...

Absolutely WONDERFUL!! Great that you got help on the blocks, but big bows to you for all the quilting!