Monday, June 13, 2011

Lots of sewing to do!


Well, they say that when it rains it pours, and it seems that it is really true. No sooner than I committed to making a large box of projects in two weeks than I got an SOS from my friend with an alteration shop. I now have several wedding dresses that need some work hanging out in my sewing studio. Luckily for me, the weddings aren't until July, so I can concentrate on my fun package of bags, organizers and fun stuff first!

I plan on tackling a project or two a day, so I will have a great opportunity to review some patterns, I think all of them are for sale on Etsy, so it will be fun to support some of the great designers there! Every single pattern I received is very professional looking, so I look forward to trying them.

And did I mention the fun fabrics? Things that aren't available here in my neck of the woods and so much fun to work with... I am excited!

The first project I did was an easy one - this is a journal cover made using a logo from a t-shirt - isn't that a clever idea? I never would have thought of it, but now am dying to dig through my stash of old t's to find possible journal ideas! Wouldn't they make awesome gifts? Anyway, this one came out really great, I just love all the fun colors and bright patterns in the fabrics, and the bike theme is totally terrific - very fun!

If you'd like to make a journal cover yourself, my pattern is available in my Etsy shop - it's a lot of fun to make, and the possibilities really are only limited by your imagination! Plus that, if you buy the pdf version, I'll e-mail it to you within a few hours - so you can start sewing today.

Speaking of patterns, I'm working on a few new ones now, hope to have those in the shop soon also. If you love collecting charm packs, you will love these new patterns - I'm excited to show them!

Now it's time to call it a night, hopefully I'll be able to post the finish of a huge project tomorrow - hope I'm up to the challenge! I've got batting, backing and am ready to rumble, it may be a bit of a battle, but I am ready to get this done and off my list (and mind!).

Pamela

No comments: