Saturday, June 18, 2011

More Folder Holders and a Notebook Slipcover

I really hope I am not boring you all dreadfully with these posts on the multitude of projects I am currently working on. I'm finding it helpful, like a reward for doing my daily duties! Plus I know it will be a great way to look back and see all these projects and remember how they went.


This is the Notebook Slipcover. It is also by Virginia Lindsay (Ginia18 on Etsy) This pattern si one I would also recommend highly - very well illustrated and the instructions are quite good. She even includes the math for figuring out your custom size! I know that always helps - this was made for a 1 1/2 inch 3 ring binder. I only had 1 inch size in my house, so I hope this will work out all right on the correct sized notebook. It looks like it will. I've been making similar covers like this on my own for years, and this pattern makes it much more simple and easy. Definitely easier than all the times I tried to figure it out on my own. There's just something about being told what to do step by step that makes these projects take much less time and trial and error.

This is the outside - cute, right? I love the patchwork fabric, so sweet and colorful! One of the Folder Holders will be out of this, and I quilted it on the lines so it really looks like patchwork. Fun! The Folder Holders didn't quite get finished today, but I've got four cut and quilted, so all I have to do is bind them and they will be ready to show off tomorrow.

So, you will have to wait one more day to see those. Sorry! (Guess that's one way to keep my readers coming back for more...)

Good night!

Pamela

No comments: