Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Going With the Flow

Sometimes you start out the day with grand intentions of what you will accomplish. At times that will work, and your day will go the way you planned. I find that more often than not my days don't seem to proceed accordingly. Take this morning for instance. My plan when I went to bed last night was to work on getting a quilt finished. I awoke too early to get up, so my brain started working and planning on it's own. Before you know it I fell back to sleep and dreamed of...making bags. Out of corduroy! Where in the world did that come from, I don't know, but I decided to go with it.

Or not...I started writing this in the morning, fully intending to get some purses sewn and pictures taken, but it was not to be. I did found some pretty corduroy with flowers, but not the one with cherries that I really wanted. Then I messed around for a while, cleaning and putting things away, went to work on a top for a shop sample, cut the background for another top that I am making and never did get around to the purses! Oh well. I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles.

By the way, if you like lemon, buy some rice chex and make "lemon buddies" They are so good! Like little bites of lemon meringue pie we decided. Yumm!

No comments: