Wednesday, August 03, 2011

"Land Army Bag" and Organizer Pattern

I had the pleasure of making two more projects from this nice red fabric with gold bicycles. One of them was an Organizer Pattern by 4Charity. She has a very nice little shop and donates 100% of the proceeds from her patterns! Isn't that sweet? I really loved making this little project, and found the pattern to be quite easy to follow and quick to make. It has pockets inside for a notebook and a pen, and whatever else you would like to keep safe and organized. This would make a nice little gift item, and she includes directions on personalizing your notepad and covering a button with fabric (I didn't do that, but used a vintage button from my stash instead.)

The next project is the "Land Army" bag by CharliesAunt. This is a pattern designer from Great Britain, and I love her patterns! They have a fun retro look and are really a pleasure to make! The "Land Army" bag pattern has a bow on the front that my customer did not want, so I had to make a few adjustments to make the bag without the bow, but it came out great - the instructions were very complete and easy to follow. The pattern pieces did not require any enlarging, just taping together the pieces. I like the shape and size of the bag, and the way the strap is attached works very well and is different. I added a small patch pocket to the inside of the bag, also.
I liked this bag so much that I purchased another pattern from her shop to make a bag for myself - I will post a picture of that some other time, I think I might like to make more of that one, too. Emma is nice enough to allow purchasers to make a limited amount of her bags for sale, so I might add a few to my shop for the fun of it!

No comments: