Friday, October 07, 2011

Luggage Tags for Minnesota

Today I worked on hemming a black dress and taking in a wedding gown at the zipper. Neither project was conducive to pictures, so you'll just have to take my word on those projects, they both came out pretty nicely!

Then I cleaned house for company tomorrow - we are going to watch King Kong - fun!

Then I finished up a set of luggage tags, from the pattern I reviewed earlier this summer by StudioCherie. I had a lot of fun choosing neat fabrics from my stash for these. The reason I am making so many of them is that my daughter and I are going to sell them as a fundraiser for her trip to the journalism convention in Minnesota. We have a month to raise almost $500.00, so that should keep me pretty busy - I'm going to do the sewing and she gets to do the selling. They will sell for $10.00 each, so that makes 5o - so far I've got 10 done. Guess I'd better get busy and keep stitching!

Pamela

2 comments:

OliveStreetStudio said...

WOW! Turned out very well. I like your scrap-fabrics. :-)

Georgia said...

Ooo, I love these tags!