Sunday, February 12, 2012

Crazy Busy!

Yes, it's been a crazy busy week for me. The quilt shop asked me to come up with a new sample for Quilt Run and I ended up with two ideas that were just begging to be made. Of course, with the original samples, there had to be patterns as well, so I had to piece, and quilt both samples as well as writing patterns this week. It was a challenge, but I rose to the occasion and now have two new patterns to show you!
The first one is CityScape. I designed this to use the fat quarter bundles we have made up for the shop that use the Bear Essentials line of fabrics. This one is in teals and blues. I love the way it came out, and my daughter would like to have one for her bedroom! The quilting is really simple on it - just straight lines - yet it really adds to the overall effect of the quilt. I have included every size from baby to king size in this pattern, so whatever size you would like to make, I've got it covered!
The second one is Daisy Garland. It uses the Simple Pleasures line from RJR fabrics by Debbie Beaves. Such pretty prints! The border is purple daisies and it is as sweet as it sounds! I loved working with these fabrics, like a shot of sunshine on a rainy day here. It features strip piecing and an easy no waste technique for the flying geese that make up the stars. It goes together pretty fast and looks great!

Another neat announcement - I have been featured on Stitched Stories. Jenn just wrote up the neatest little article, and it just made my day to see all the nice things she had to say! (Made me blush, too! What a sweet-heart!) She has a wonderful Etsy shop full of great fabrics patterns and fabrics - Little Shop of Stitches. I think this charm pack would look absolutely fabulous in my Windmills pattern - I might have to try it!
Hope your weekend was lovely - my grandsons were here and I had a wonderful time with them (and their parents, of course). I'm looking forward to a good sewing week, and hope you are, too!

No comments: