Wednesday, March 26, 2014

WIP Wednesday - Lots of Stars

It was wonderful to get back to doing some sewing this week!  I've been working hard at getting all the stars done to go around the center panel of this month's UFO project.  Of course I decided that each 6 inch star would have to have a unique 3 inch center - don't know why I like to make things hard on myself, but I do like seeing all the different stars and think it adds a lot to the quilt.



I used the fabric I had that matched the block, and chose a few coordinating fabrics from my stash.  I didn't have enough background fabric for all the stars so I added a few more similar tones and did a mix and match.  
One of my favorites is the second from the left on the bottom of this picture - a spool block!  The mini Shoo Fly block next to it is pretty cute as well :)




Sorry for the bad night time pictures - I seem to do a lot of evening sewing!  It was getting a bit difficult to think of new centers at this point, but I kept it up!  I had spent my first day just making the flying geese units for the stars, so all I had to do was make the centers, then add the points and corner squares.  Doing it this way really streamlined the process for me and made it possible to focus on the center blocks.
And I finished up the last few tonight!  Now, I just have to decide on whether to add an inner border, or maybe just a flange?  Then I can get this baby quilted and off my list!  That will be three of my UFO's done this year - woohoo!  So excited to be making progress and emptying out that drawer - of course I've got fabric pulled for several more projects now, so it's not like I won't have anything left to do anytime soon ;)
Check out the Quiltsy Team blog for more WIPS!

No comments: