The first thing I had to do was to piece my back. I had a nice chunk left from the original yardage of the fabric in the borders (Michael Miller's Zoology in black) that I wanted to use, plus another largish size orange stripe that I thought would work, plus a strip of the fabric I used in the narrow borders. Since the Zoology piece wasn't quite long enough I cut it in two pieces and inserted the strip of the border fabric.
Since the stripe was about 27 inches by the width of fabric I cut it in half and sewed the two pieces together to make a large enough piece to add to the side of this. It was the perfect size at that point for the back!
At this point I had to dig through my batting box, and ended up having to piece this as well! I was glad I found a strip that was just big enough to add to the piece that was not quite large enough. I got the layers pinned andstarted quilting. I though t about using a fun lime green thread, but ended up going with the slate gray, and think that it was a great choice! I just quilted this in a large meander since I just wanted to get it finished up. I think part of the reason this has been a UFO for so long is the fact that I just could not figure out how I wanted to quilt it. The allover design looks just fine on it!
Hurray for a finished UFO...A month and a week late, but I got it done! I am still working on my November quilt (hand-quilting), and it should be finished up as well before long. Still thinking about my goal for this year, but I have something in mind.
This quilt is available in my Etsy Shop - here!