I made 16 blocks today for this quilt, so good progress! Only four more and I'll be halfway done - woohoo! I definitely should be able to finish the top by the end of this month. It takes me about an hour to make 4 blocks (9 inches square finished) so by the time I finish all 80 blocks for the center I will have quite a bit of time invested in this quilt. I guess I need to start looking for a backing for it now.
I managed to take some nice pictures of my newest baby quilt - I made my Monkey Around Pattern using owl fabric. It came out super cute! I did some easy straight line quiting on it for the fun of it. It came our really nicely. I enjoyed doing the quilting, but don't think I'd want to do this on a quilt that would be much bigger! By the end it was a lot to fit under my machine's arm and control to keep straight.
Here is a picture of the quilting in progress:
I didn't measure, just eyeballed the distance between lines. The staight lines in the pattern and blocks made it easy to keep them faily straight
And this is a picture I found in my cameral of the quilt top I finished in February. I just ordered a backing for it - feathers! I thought that would be fun with the cats on the top of the quilt. We'll see if I like it when it comes in. I have plenty of quilts that need backing, so I'm sure it will work on something if don't like it for this one!
The roman shades I've been working so hard on are now finished and installed! So this week I get to have fun quilting....and boy, do I need it!