Thursday, March 12, 2015

Irish Chain Wall Hanging

I put my March quilt up today!  This is a quilt made from the book Calendar Quilts.  I won this book many years ago from a Quilt Guild challenge.  It features 12 different quilts, one for each month.  I've made about half of them and still intend to make them all someday.  They are a perfect size for a window in my dining room, and lately I've taken to hanging them over my fireplace. (Yes, it is an electric fireplace - I'm not a fan of building fires!)



This quilt is machine pieced and hand quilted.  I used some scraps of vintage fabric in this one for the flowers.  It's just a simple quilt, but very happy and it's nice to bring it out when the spring flowers are starting to come out.  The binding is made using strips of all the different flower fabrics as well.  I always think of this as an Irish Chain, but it isn't.  I'll have to go find my copy of the book so I can see what this pattern is actually called!  Anyway, it's a cute little quilt and perfect for spring and I am happy I got it hung up today to enjoy for a while.

No comments: