Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Back to Quilting

I wanted to share some pictures of the Nursery Rhyme quilt after quilting.  I was really happy with how it came out and when I showed it to Sharan at the shop today, she liked it as well.  This was a fun project to work on and I am glad that I have it finished now.



Old King Cole.  The block looks skewed because of the way I took the picture - they are actually all nice and square!

 Ding dong dell, Pussie's in the well!



Mother Goose?


This one I am not sure about - looks like Mother Goose sweeping the moon?


One of my favorites, the old woman who lived in a shoe!




And the back - I did a nice job of balancing the tension on the sashing - I used dark blue on the top and white on the back.  It came out great!



Today I got back to quilting my Blue and White Star quilt.  Instead of continuing on with the bubbles and swirls that I did in the center I decided to switch it up and am doing swirl hooks!  I was surprised to get almost 1/4 of the way around the outside of the stars today, so should be able to get all of the white done by the weekend!  I know what I want to do in the following border, but then I'll have to figure out what to quilt in the last one.  I will be glad to get this one finished because I have several more tops lined up that I want to get quilted!

I am looking forward to getting more sewing in tomorrow - the fabric came in for a set of curtains I need to finish, and I want to do more quilting on this star quilt.  Plus I'd like to do another block or two for that Block of the Month I'm working on.  April has been so crazy that I haven't gotten too far on that project, but if I push a bit I should be able to get it done over the weekend, I think.  Anyway, I'm going to give it a good try.  Then I need to decide what project I am going to work on in May.  The fair is coming up in a couple months and I want to enter some nice projects!

No comments: