Wednesday, July 08, 2015

Newsflash!

Just to let you know, lots of fun stuff coming up soon around here!  I am signed up for a couple of blog hops centered around my role as an Island Batik Embassador.  I am excited about both!  The July hop is to introduce my fellow embassadors -

Join us for looks at the embassador's sewing rooms and just maybe a sneak peek at what we are working on for the August Blog Hop - Summer in the Country -
We are all looking forward to sharing recipes, giveaways, and gorgeous projects made with beautiful Island Batik fabrics!

I am also participating in the Game of Quilts challenge -

As you can see, it's going to be a fun summer!  I haven't bothered making any written goals for July.  Summer is just too unpredicable and I want to enjoy and not be stressed.   That said, I really want to get my Grand Illusion quilted.  I basted it last week and got lots of oohs and ahs over it as I was working on it at the quilt shop (large tables = less pain in my back from basting).  I think I will be going with the pink thread for the quilting on this, and I am planning on loops and hearts for this one as well.  It just fits and is easy to do!  And I am pretty sure that the one spool of Aurifil will do the job since it is smaller than the Origins quilt.

I'm also going to keep plugging away at Joy.  Maybe I can get it done before the Coos Sand 'N Sea Quilters show.  I hope so!

Hope your summer is going well and you are having lots of fun, quilting or otherwise!


No comments: