Thursday, December 03, 2015

Christmas Party

Tonight was the Coos Sand 'N Sea Quilters annual Christmas party!  It was a lot of fun - first we had a delicious pot-luck dinner with the guild providing turkey and ham.  I brought home-made rolls.  There were so many yummy dishes!  I love a pot-luck because you can have a taste of lots of different things.

After that we had a member lead us in singing some Christmas songs.  We sang Silent Night in Spanish and she told us a little about celebrating Christmas as a child in Chile.  Then we had our usual gift exchange.  We make a large circle, and as a funny story is read we pass our gifts around the circle.  With this story we passed the gift to the right or left each time the respective word is mentioned.  We are supposed to do two fat quarters, but some people add other goodies.  I received a whole yard of a lovely floral, right up my alley!  Plus a bag of hershey kisses and a small container of holiday coffee.  Yummy!

We always do show and tell at the end.  I showed the angel wall hanging I finished this weekend and a valentine table runner I made out of these fabrics.  I used my Charming Heart pattern - hope to get the finished runner in my Etsy shop as soon as I can get some good pictures of it.

I finished a few more of the blocks for my next shop sample.  I only have 5 more to do and I can start putting the top together!

I really like working with the Curvy Log Cabin tool.  Great ruler from Creative Grids, love the non slip areas on the back, they really keep the ruler from moving when you are trimming around it.  Wait till you see how these blocks go together - I know it's going to be great!  

Tomorrow is a busy day, probably no sewing, but I really want to get the rest of these blocks done.  We'll see.  For now it's off to bed and get some rest!

No comments: