Saturday, January 02, 2016

A Simple Saturday

I just had an easy going day today.  Slept in late, made breakfast and spent the afternoon putting away the rest of Christmas.  I'm a bit sad that it's all over, but it's always nice to start the new year.  I have the illusion for a bit of being organized and getting so many things accomplished...the usual!

I worked on and off cutting the fourth clue for the Allietare Mystery.  Was quite woeful to realize I cut 20 sets and need 30.  Bummer.  I went ahead and got what I cut sewed mostly together.  Guess I'll try to cut the rest tomorrow after I go to the quilt shop to do inventory.

I'm doing the UFO challenge at AllPeopleQuilt.com.  The number drawn was 2 - so I'm making another run at the JOY quilt I left off on last summer!  This is where I left off at:

I need to make four 3/4 compass units for the next step.  I have all the paper foundations ready, just need to do the piecing, so I plan to work on that this next week.  It's been hanging on my design wall all fall, so I guess it's time to get it finished for sure.  I'm also looking forward to working on two quilts made from baby clothes done in the next few weeks.  I don't have any alterations or home dec projects on the horizon, so will be doing lots of quilting this month!

No comments: