Monday, January 25, 2016

Allietare Mystery Quilt - Borders are Decided!

One of the perks of a busy weekend working at the quilt shop was that I had the opportunity to shop for the borders for my quilt!  I decided to go with the gold stripe and chose a nice red to go with it.  I hope to get the corners on and the borders sewn on this week - yay for a finished top!  I have determined that this is not going to go in the UFO bin and will be quilted up by the end of February.  I even have the thread ready, so just need to see if I have enough batting left on the roll for one more big quilt.  I will definitely have to start shopping for another roll now.


I worked on a valentine project for the quilt shop today.  I made 16 of these heart blocks:
This is a patten by Moda that uses 12 fat quarters.  I think it will be really pretty, and we'll make up some fat quarter bundles to sell with the pattern.

I worked on some star blocks as well today, plus finished another Dear Jane block in addition to the one I did Sunday.  I picked a simple one today because I didn't have a lot of time.  We had appointments to get our eyes checked today.  Both of us are getting new glasses this time around.  I am looking forward to seeing a bit better!

Here are my blocks - not good pictures today, will have to get some daylight ones tomorrow:

K13



E8

Be sure to check in tomorrow, I am writing a post about machine sewing your binding!

No comments: