Here are the four blocks I made today:
They are G-1, G-2, !-7 and I-8
I made G- 1 by appliqueing the center circles onto the side triangles. Then I machine pieced the triangles together. I thought about hand piecing the circles, but decided applique was easier.
G-2 was totally traditional piecing. 16 half square triangles sewn together in the proper sequence. Not too hard to accomplish!
I-7 was also traditionally pieced, then those tiny triangles were appliqued by hand. One looks a little odd, but I think I'm leaving it! I think there was only room for about 4 stitches on each side of those. Kind of a pin, but they do add a bit of interest to the block I suppose.
I-8 owes it crisp appearance to paper piecing. And the lovely Island Batik fabric that I used in it! I promise it will be joined by more - I've accumulated a nice amount of blues from my ambassador projects. Batiks are so nice for paper piecing, they press so nicely.
Here is my progress! Maybe next week I will figure out how to add the triangles and corner sections. I'm pretty excited to see my chart start filling up!