Wednesday, January 20, 2016

This Week's Finishes

I got some good quilting time in this week and have managed to finish quilting the Rainbow Swirls Log Cabin quilt as well as another lap quilt!
This is the only picture I have right now of Rainbow Swirls, but you can see I used variegated thread (Gumballs by Coats & Clark).  The batting is Warm and Natural.  No problems at all quilting this one, it took nearly 4 bobbins of thread.
This quilt is a variation of my Lover's Kiss pattern.  I made fewer blocks and added a piano key border.  The paris fabric was in my stash, and I paired it with strips from a Honey Honey jelly roll. (Kate Spain)


This one was quilted with Aurifil thread - of course it quilted up great!  This one took a bit over 3 bobbins to complete.  The batting is Warm and Natural as well.  I've almost used a whole roll of it this year!  I was really glad to have a chance to catch up on some machine quilting - I only have two more quilt tops in my pile to quilt at the moment.  I guess that means I'd better get to sewing, and I have a bunch of projects ready to be started.  I am really looking forward to piecing up a storm over the next couple of months.

I finished another block for Crazy Jane on Monday - G-3:
All applique, took me about an hour to finish.  Another Island Batik fabric - perfect for applique!  I love that it pressed so nicely and held the edge for stitching.  I'll have a few more blocks to show tomorrow when I can take pictures.  

I feel like I've been a bit more productive this week, thanks to my planner!  Listing three things I want to accomplish each day really seems to help me stay focused and accomplish those things.  I know the latter part of this week won't be quite as productive as I'll be working at the quilt shop while Sharan is away at the Oregon Gardens show.  Rainbow Swirls will be there in the booth as well as a few other samples I've made.  My quilts get to more shows than I do!  I don't mind, I'll be thinking of new shop samples to make while I work - can't complain about that, after all.




No comments: