Wednesday, March 09, 2016

Hello, Operator...

What a day, a good chunk of it has been spent waiting on hold for a real life person to help me solve a couple of issues - neither of them mine!  At work I spent over an hour on the phone trying to get our credit card machine to accept chip cards.  I spent a very long time on hold, then over an hour on the phone with a person as we updated the software on the terminal, then had to reset some of the settings.  The lady that helped me was a gem, though!  She even called me right back when I accidentally hung up on her (yes I am a klutz with my phone and managed to hit the wrong button).  In the end we got our terminal set up so it works with the chip cards and my boss is happy.  I even earned a new title!  I am a manager (very big grin).  This was what was the payment processor identified me as for our task of updating the equipment.  My husband said I deserve a big raise.  I'll have to settle for the perks, I guess, since I don't think I'll be getting paid any better.  But I love my job!

The second call was to help get my daughters paypal account straightened out.  Another long wait, but in the end paypal got it all fixed up like always.  Apparently someone across the sea tried to hack into her account.  They weren't successful, but it did end up freezing her account and she couldn't use her debit card.

So I've earned my chocolate for the day because I really hate to talk on the phone and I spent a long time doing just that!

So far, it looks like this is the most popular layout for my mini quilt - and this was the one I was leaning toward as well.  I pulled the paper out this evening, and plan to at least sew the center together tomorrow.  I can't wait to see what it looks like at that point!  Looks like a rainy day, so I should get to spend most of the day stitching, and am looking forward to it.  I have a finished quilt to take pictures of, so I will share that, and my progress on this one.  And hopefully no hold music!

No comments: