It's been a pretty quiet week this week, which set me up to make a lot of progress on varying projects. I finished up the "Make Time to Breathe" embroidery piece and started working on finishing up my cross stitch cat project -
I got this little quilt pieced and quilted -
Wednesday was my normal half day at the quilt shop, then I spent the afternoon cleaning out my sewing room closet. I got tired of everything falling down whenever I tried to find something in it. I was looking for a backing for a top I wanted to quilt. Here is what it looks like after, it's pretty cluttered, but at least it's not falling down on me!
Thursday I spent working on a journal cover - I'll show you that project tomorrow. Then I went through some of the fabric that was given to me last month - it was all washed, but not pressed. I pulled out some pieces and spent some quality time pressing and folding while I thought about what I could make with them. I also started cleaning off my cutting table - it sure gets cluttered after a few projects. I'm at least attempting to clear off my surfaces once a week if not after every project.
Speaking of cleaning, I recently purchased a new vacuum - which was very overdue! It sure has been interesting seeing how much dirt it pulls up out of my carpets - yuck! I completely filled up the canister with dirt in just my bedroom. I also got inspired to go through my closet and get rid of a trash bag full of things from my closet. I feel so happy to have more breathing room in there, too. Must be spring - I feel like cleaning out the cobwebs and clearing out some space everywhere.
Yesterday I had a call about a bride needing some emergency alterations, so spent the afternoon and this morning taking care of that. I was glad I had the time to do that, it is always lovely to send a bride out the door excited about her dress looking just the way she wants. This was a mermaid style with a long train that needed a bustle. It came out pretty, and I foolishly forgot to get a photo so you'll just have to take my word for that one.
Then this afternoon I added one border to a quilt top, and prepared the backing for another quilt. I'm thinking about my goals for this coming week - I have a couple of quilts I want to get quilted, and just a couple customer projects to finish up, so need to see what else needs my attention before the end of the month. I finally feel like I am making some progress on creating some space in my sewing room and time to actually enjoy my sewing instead of feeling like a hamster on a wheel. I'm looking forward to lots more creative projects over the next couple of months! I know there will be some Island Batik quilts, and more mini quilts (don't forget my giveaway of a Miniature Quilts Magazine!) plus some soft and pretty floral projects.
Hope spring has all of you feeling productive and happy as well!