I found some Miniature Quilts Magazines on the giveaway table at quilt guild this month and snapped them up with the intention of finding a project in one of them and giving my readers a chance to win the magazine. After looking through them, I decided on a quick and fun little project using two foundation pieced sail boats.
Sea Shore collection from Island Batik which are available now! I hated to cut into my yardage of these, but for just a miniature you don't have to use too much, and I have plenty left over for more projects. I love this collection, so many beautiful colors from pastel to dark and some lovely brights as well!
I meant to take more in progress photos, but these blocks are so quick to make that I had them both finished before I knew it!
After I added the sashing, I went through the same process to choose my border fabric and the binding. I could have gone several ways, but these fabrics won out to finish my little sailboat quilt:
It measures in at 14 inches square, and I used Warm and Natural Batting, a variety of Aurifil threads (for both the piecing and the quilting) and a random fat quarter from my stash for the backing. And of course those beautiful Island Batik fabrics for the front!
Such a fun little quilt! I think it's a lot prettier than the one in the magazine!
I love the sunny yellow print in the pinwheel.
It's not much bigger than the magazine is! You can see there are some lovely projects in this edition. Wouldn't the tie quilt be fun for Father's Day? I love the basket quilt as well.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Make sure you check out the other Ambassador blogs to see what kind of playful projects they are making this month!
- Anna - www.arkangelcreations.blogspot.com
- Jessica - www.desertbloomquilting.com/blog/
- Connie - http://www.conniekresin.com/2016/03/coral-reef-swirls.html
- Tina - http://quiltingaffection.blogspot.com/
- Barbara - http://www.stonecottagequilts.com/blog/
- Barb - www.bejeweledquilts.blogspot.com
- Pam - www.forquiltssake.blogspot.com
- Maria - http://www.mariamichaelsdesigns.com/blog/
- Sally - www.sallysquiltingcorner.blogspot.com
- Jeanette - http://inchwormfabrics.blogspot.com/
- Connie - www.kauffmandesigns.blogspot.com
- Joan - http://moosestashquilting.blogspot.com/2016/03/island-batik-mini-madness-challenge.html
- Soile - http://toolontilkkupaja.blogspot.fi/
- Bea - http://www.beaquilter.com/2016/03/march-mini-madness-with-island-batik.html
- Maryellen - www.teachpany.blogspot.com
- Adele - www.adelemogavero.com
- Tracy - www.sewsupportive.com
- Nancy - http://www.patchworkbreeze.blogspot.com/2016/03/island-batik-mini-madness-quilt.html
- Marlene - www.kissedquilts.blogspot.com
- Linda - www.thepatchworkpearl.com
- Vicki - http://knitbug2.blogspot.com/
- Tammy - www.tamarinis.typepad.com
- Carol - www.funthreads.blogspot.com
- Suzy - www.websterquilt.blogspot.com/
- Jennifer - https://jennifersewing.wordpress.com/
I hope you get lots of ideas on how you can have fun and PLAY with some paper piecing!