Monday, August 22, 2016

Double Slice Layer Cake Top

Remember that Double Slice layer cake top I was excited to work on?  I finished it yesterday.  The funny thing is that I ended up adding my own unique spin to the design.  Or in other words, I made a boo-boo!  When I cut the second slice I did another 3 1/2 inch cut instead of cutting my squares in half.  Uh-oh.

Well, you can't unspill milk, so I decided it was a design opportunity and sewed them as planned.  Then I used EQ7 to help me figure out how to lay them out - my main goal was to avoid matching seams.  Sewed them all together, and what do you know, it looks just fine!

Here is a look at it while I was laying it out.  Pretty colorful!  It will make a happy quilt when it is done.  I am adding it to my list of tops that need to be quilted, so will pick up a back for it on my next trip to the fabric store.  Now I'll have to do another one the right way to see if I like it better or not!  I kind of like how this one came out.

The Seaside Summer blog hop continues this week with lots of new projects, giveaways and posts by the Island Batik Ambassadors!  Todays posts are featuring the Tradewinds line - I have a project in mind using this lovely line, I think it will make a great fall table runner.

Monday Aug 22 - Tradewinds

Don't forget to enter my giveaway, it ends this week!  You'll find it on my Seaside Summer post.  Hope you have a wonderful week!  I have a full list of projects that need my attention, so I'd better get busy!

No comments: