Friday, September 23, 2016

The Joy of Finishing!

I have been happily sewing and quilting this week, and am finishing things!  In fact, I have finished four quilts so far this week, it's just been so much fun that I don't want to stop.  Replacing the needle bar thread guide has definitely improved the quilting problems I have been struggling with for the past couple weeks.  Thread breaking and stitch skipping has not been the problem it was before so I am relieved to be back in the groove.

Two of the quilts were just like this one that I made earlier this month.  It's a panel with two borders of coordinating fabric added.

One will be going to California, one to the quilt shop, and the first one I am keeping for myself! It's just such a beautiful fall quilt I couldn't resist.  Plus that my husband really liked it as well!  I also finished this quilt with some awesome Chickens on it.

It's already been claimed and will be traveling off with the Fall panel quilt tomorrow.  Since I was in the quilting groove I decided to finish the next quilt on my list as well - I decided to just meander quilt it and am happy with the results.
This one will be listed in my Etsy Shop later today!  I only have one more small quilt basted right now, so I guess I'll have to get busy and have another basting day soon and get more tops ready to quilt.  I'm not even close to getting to the end of my UFO pile and I have plenty of tops that are ready to be quilted.  I want to get them off my list first so I can focus on finishing several projects that have been hanging around for way too long (like my Crazy Dear Jane quilt, Joy, and Farmer's Wife!).  I have a couple of shop samples to work on over the weekend, and happily - no alterations on my plate, so lots of time for quilting!

I'll be linking up on Finished or Not Fridays on Myra's Blog - it's fun to share and to see what everyone else is working on - join us!



Finished or Not Friday at Busy Hands Quilts

4 comments:

Cut&Alter said...

Wow you have been busy. I love your Fall quilt ... I had some perfect fabric to make an autumn themed project but I guess that will have to wait until next year now!

TheEclecticAbuela said...

I, too, love finishes! Great job.

legato1958 said...

Beautiful finishes! So glad you go your machine to quilt properly!
Susie

Batiklvr said...

Great row! Love the lighthouse and the movement in the blocks.