Tuesday, December 27, 2016

A Quiet House

My husband reached out for my hand from the couch yesterday and said sadly, "It's all over."  Our house is quiet again, everyone is either back home or on their way and we are back to just ourselves and the kitty again.  We had a wonderful Christmas Celebration, which was actual multiple celebrations in various households.

I joked that our car was Santa's Magnum Sleigh - we took presents here and there for all of the families to enjoy!  The Christmas PJ's were all a huge hit - I did well this year picking the right fabrics!  My grand sons loved their fleece PJ pants - they said that they were the coziest pajamas ever - the oldest got Seahawks in blue and the youngest, Seahawks in green.  I was thrilled that they were so happy with them!  The little grand daughters were happy with the nightgowns I made, and all the big girls liked their PJ pants.  My middle daughter got kitty cat faces in pink and she was so happy - that was my favorite gift I gave for sure!  (She works in a veterinarian's office and loves cats.)

We had a small crisis when some soda got spilled on the watercolor paintings that my youngest daughter made, but she was able to fix them up again good as new the next day, so it wasn't the end of the world.  I'll show you mine when I get my sewing room cleaned up and re-organized - right now it's a disaster area!

 I didn't remember to take as many pictures as I should have, but I left my laptop at home and didn't spend much time on my phone as I enjoyed my family wholeheartedly.  It was definitely a good choice as there were many heartfelt conversations, laughter and just all around good times.

Here's the view from my spot on the loveseat!  The quilt above the archway is up all year long because I love it so much.  It's cross-stitch combined with quilting.  Here is a bad picture zoomed in:
Peace.  My wish for all of you for the coming year.  May you have peace in your heart no matter what is going on around you.  I hope that I can be a person who spreads peace, as well as knowing peace.

This year I am going to try to slow down a bit.  To be in the moment and fully aware of the days as they pass.  To recognize all the small blessings in my life and to smile more. I like to choose a word for each year, I haven't chosen for 2017 yet, but plan to spend some time thinking on what I would like to focus on.  I think this last week of the year is always a good one to spend time thinking and reflecting on the year past as well as the year ahead.

Another thing that is good to do this time of year is tie up loose ends.  I have a few of those that need my attention, so I suppose it's time to end my reflection and go do some work!  I'll be spending the next few days on some quilting projects, so I'll post some teasers during the week.  You still have time to sign up for my e-mail newsletter.  That will include my Quilter's Recipe Box quilt block of the month!

Let's start the New Year off with a party!  I will be doing a big giveaway this weekend - my Etsy shop is closing in on 1500 sales!  Woohoo!  I want to celebrate, so am cooking up something special - I am not sure what right now, but stay tuned.  Then, the Island Batik Hop for the Fall and Winter 2016 fabrics is starts off on January 4.

You won't want to miss it.  Lots of awesome fabrics to check out, prizes, projects, and just the fun of hanging out with all of the Island Batik Ambassadors!  I love this group of awesome creative quilters, and you will, too!

Ha - I just sat down to write a quick post to let you know I haven't vanished off the face of the earth and I wrote a Novella.  Now it's off the sewing room/disaster area/happy place to make all this great stuff happen.  Quilt on!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PEACE - a lovely sentiment to leave up all year long.