Monday, December 05, 2016

Christmas Mug Rugs

I wasn't very productive today, but I did manage to make a couple of Christmas Mug Rugs.  I've been wanting to do this since I got the fabric, but finally decided that today was the day!  They came out cute, and I just had to use the last bit of this cute Christmas print.

Here is the other one:

So fun!  I have several more pieces cut out to play with.  Notice that I didn't make a lot of progress in cleaning the sewing room today, but I figure if I can sew something out of the piles that are just sitting I really am cleaning...

I also made a custom monogrammed journal cover for an order on Etsy.  I'll take a picture tomorrow to show.  They are fun to make - I am thinking about a different color way I can try out.  Maybe something in blues and greens?  Or maybe I can use some of my vast collection of selvages if I can get enough contrast with the monogram.  Hmmm.  Definitely something to think about.

No comments: