Thursday, December 01, 2016

December Rainbows

One of the things I say about the frequent rain in our area is that it sure makes you appreciate a nice sunny day!  Even a couple of sunny hours are enough to put a smile on your face and boost your spirits.  Often those sunny afternoons bring out a few rainbows as the clouds come back in.

As we were coming out of the store after running some errands this afternoon we saw this rainbow - it was much brighter in person and looked like it came down in the road ahead of us!  No pot of gold, though.

Tonight was Quilt Guild and I presented the Block of the Month for next month - I chose Snowball and Ninepatch.  In blue and white (of course).  I love it because it's a quick block, and easy to piece, so it will be perfect for the busy month of December.  The good news is that my block is already done, so no big rush the day of quilt guild to sew a block, which is my usual method of operation!

I've made several quilts with this pattern in various sizes.  Here is one of my favorites:
In other news, I decided to participate in the 31 day blog writing challenge again this year!  I have not been writing as much as I would like to and I hope this will spur me to do more of that.  I hope you will check it out and see who else is participating, or maybe even join in.
Plus that it will blast me out of my perfectionism and get me to just show up and do it, whether or not I have a lot to say - or to show!

The next couple of weeks I'll also be participating in the MyCreative2016 Instagram hop - check out the blog post and join in!  I've really enjoyed Instagram - it's a great positive place to be.

That's it for today, it's late and I should get some rest, it's going to be a busy month!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Hi Pamela! Thank you for joining the blog challenge!!! :)