Wednesday, December 28, 2016

2017 Planning Party

I just love the start of a new year.  New calendars, a shiny new planner, lots of aspirations and a sense of a fresh start!  Today I got out my Quilter's Planner for 2017 out of the box and wrote my name in the front, time to start planning.  I bought a set of colored gel pens to go with it - I am in love!  In high school I loved colored paper and pens, but my teachers always wanted my assignments in blue or black ink on regular white paper.  Now I can let my love of color shine forth as I fill in the pages of my planner and I feel like a kid again!

I need to transfer all my unfinished UFO's to the new book, the list will be significantly shorter than it started out in September, and hopefully by June will be almost down to nothing.  (Of course, I will probably have new projects to add as well as I work on some tops and ideas for future patterns.)

Then I plan to add some ideas for blog topics.  Hopefully I will be chosen to continue as an Island Batik Ambassador for 2017 and will have projects for that role to add in!  I want to enter a few shows this year, so I'll need to see where I want to submit my quilts and add those deadlines.   And of course, the Quilter's Recipe Box block of the month will be on my schedule as well.

My work schedule at Threads That Bind will need to be added.  Hopefully a nice vacation this summer - another road trip for us seeing some new sights and visiting my parents.  

I really want to push myself to work on creating new patterns this year, so I'll be using my planner to schedule in some design time.  I love the grids that are spaced through the months so hope to fill those up!  I love the free motion quilting designs in each week's layout so definitely plan on using some of those in my projects as well!  

Last, but not least, I hope to make good use of the planner as a journal as well.  I can jot a few sentences each day about the things that go on and my thoughts and feelings.  I love that there is enough space in each column to add lots of notes, inspirations, quotations that I enjoy.  I plan on making this a book that not only keeps me on track, but that will also show anyone who looks at it how I lived my life, and what inspired me on a daily basis.  

I'm super excited for 2017 and looking forward to how my planner will keep me organized and on track!

5 comments:

Danice G said...

Wonderful goals. Looking forward to seeing new patterns :)

Seacoast Quilter said...

Hi - thanks for sharing your planning goals. I purchased the Quilter's Planner so I need to use it! What is the Quilter's Recipe Box block of the month that you mentioned? Thanks

teachpany said...

Sounds great! I just got my planner, too, and I can't wait to fill it with fun stuff.

Jasmine said...

I enjoyed using my planner this year. Good luck with your goals in 2017.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

I really like your idea to use the planner as a journal as well. That is a fantastic idea and with all the doodling and information that will be packed into it, it will be a beautiful way to look back on your year. Thank you for linking up, I wish you a wonderful 2017, and Happy New Year!