Friday, December 02, 2016

It takes a long time to quilt a queen size quilt!

Yes, it does!  This quilt took me quite a bit longer to quilt than it took me to piece the top - but I think it was worth it - beware, more badly lit pictures ahead.
This is on a full (or double) bed.  Isn't it colorful?  I really liked the mix of fabrics in this.  I used a mixed fat quarter bundle and added some vintage fabrics and some fun paisleys.  There are some solid squares, and some really pretty prints in this quilt.  It is available in my Etsy shop.  The piecing is simple, so it's a great price!
I did all the quilting on my Juki - and discovered to my delight that when I had it serviced last month they even got the needle threader working!  Now I am spoiled because it's so easy to thread the needle - I'm so happy I've been telling random people I talk to about!

The back is a scrappy blend of blues and greens - I enjoy making the back of a quilt a little more fun and interesting.

I need to spend some time tomorrow cleaning up the sewing room disaster, and then I want to start getting out my Christmas decorations.  I think I'll work on some of those Farmer's Wife blocks and see how far I can get toward my goal of getting all my blocks done before Christmas. I'm starting to feel in the mood :)

Linking up with Busy Hands Quilts for Finished or Not Friday - join in the fun and see what everyone is working on!

Finished or Not Friday at Busy Hands Quilts


1 comment:

Myra @ Busy Hands Quilts said...

It's very pretty and timeless!