Monday, December 12, 2016

Whirlwind Weekend Activities

Whew, life really got busy there for a few days! I hosted my Bunco group on Friday, so that took care of a couple of days with preparations - but we had a terrific time.  I wish I would have remembered to take some pictures, but I totally forgot.  I prepared a main dish of roasted vegetables that was a big hit!  I used red potatoes, sweet potatoes, acorn squash, broccoli, cauliflower, red onion, red peppers, then added salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and garlic lover's seasoning.  Out of two large baking trays all that was left was a small bowl of leftovers!  I added a Polska kielbasa sausage to one of the trays.  I made a simple salad of baby spinach with pomegranate seeds, walnuts and feta cheese with Balsamic Vinegar to dress it.  Yummy!

Then I turned around and had to help prepare for a large gathering at our church!  We had a lovely good-bye party for our pastor and his wife (my quilting buddy!).  They will be leaving here at the first of the year for a new position.  Luckily they are moving close to where some of our kids live, so we will be able to visit occasionally.  Anyway - that was Saturday, and I was wiped out after all of that social activity and spent the rest of the day on the couch exhausted.

Sunday was a day to relax.  Hubby and I went to see The Polar Express at the downtown theater. What a deal!  Two movie tickets, popcorn and soda for $15.50!  We had a great time and it was nice to spend my day just taking it easy and not doing anything important!
I got this pillow out today.  I have tons of 5 inch squares and want to make some more of these, they are super cute!  No quilting again today - I did take in a couple of skirts for one of my favorite ladies.  I did go to JoAnn's and buy the flannel to make the annual Christmas PJ's.  I'll start washing it up tomorrow morning and get busy sewing.  Hopefully I can squeeze in some quilting as well - I have some projects that need to get done.  There's another Island Batik blog hop coming up right after he start of the year and I have a project for that to work on.  The fabrics are so fun - you are going to love seeing them!

It's nice that my house is decorated and ready for the holidays!  Hubby wants some goodies, but I'll try to space them out a bit.  Fudge sounds really good though!  Holidays are definitely different without kids at home any more, but I think we are getting into some new routines and learning how to enjoy the season in different ways.  This year we'll have three different celebrations in three different places, but I know we will have a wonderful time and get to spend time with all of our children, and that is what is important.  We'll have new traditions and new experiences and enjoy whatever it happens to be each day.  I'm learning to let go and not worry so much about making everyone else happy and just have fun myself and relax.  I'ts actually kind of nice!3

No comments: