My quilting project this week was finishing a UFO. I'm doing the APQ UFO challenge and this is the one that came up for January. I had chosen the fabric for this quilt, but hadn't even got it cut out. The fabrics were a bit on the unusual side - Egyptian themed! I made a version of my Jolie quilt pattern - I am really love this pattern for using those fabrics that you can't figure out what to do with because it does a great job of showcasing them.
I enjoyed a pleasant afternoon of cutting and piecing and pressed my blocks out - then had to look a little closer at this one! OOPS! Out came the seam ripper to fix the square that ended up facing the wrong way.
After putting the top together I quilted it using spirals in a coppery colored thread. I love the results! The blue really pops against the the browns in the quilt.
This month's number was 8, so I will be working on a quilt made with strips and a block I designed called reflections. I think I'll work on writing up the pattern as I finish the quilt - it's about time, I think this one has been sitting on the back burner for a few years.
Linking up with Myra for Finished or Not Friday - come join the fun!