Friday, March 17, 2017

Finished or Not Friday, Furry Friday and a Little fun, too!

I had a bit of a busy day today - first of all, it was Bunco day.  We had a fun St Patrick themed game, and I got four Buncos, making me the winner!


I got to wear the funny headband for lunch afterward, too!  I don't look very happy, do I?

Then I spent the afternoon working on zippers - yuck, but I only have 3 to go now and I'll be ready for the fittings on Tuesday.  When I got that done, I rewarded myself by working on finishing my Savannah top. 

I finally decided on the layout and sewed all my blocks together!
So now I just have to add the borders.  I'm supposed to have an inner border fabric, but don't remember what I picked!  I will dig through my stash tomorrow and see what I can find.  At this point I'm ready to just get it together.  I have some other projects I want to work on now, so it will be good to have this off my design wall finally - close enough to a finish for me at this point!  I am linking up with Busy Hands Quilts for Finished or Not Friday!


Finished or Not Friday at Busy Hands Quilts

Today's another Furry Friday for the Island Batik Ambassadors.  This weeks pets are Tigress and Crysta.

Tigress is a very loving, very sweet tri-color Tabby. She follows you all around trying to get your attention and love!  Isn't she a beautiful girl?


Crysta is a beautiful 8-year-old shepherd mix can be a bit shy at first, but warms up quickly. Crysta is a calm, friendly girl who likes to go for walks and to be petted and loved on. Meet her at the Humane Society of Missouri in St. Louis!
Hopefully we can help these two sweet pets find good homes soon!  This is our second Furry Friday. Each Friday for the next six weeks, we will share pictures of shelter pets that need a home. Now they may not be in your area, however, if you are looking for a pet, you can go to the Petfinder.com page, put in your area code plus what type of pet you want and you will find a listing of all the pets needing homes in or near your area.

Here are the Island Batik Ambassadors who are hosting Furry Fridays this week:

Desert Bloom Quilting

Freemotion by the River

Seams Like a Dream

Yellow Cat Quilt Designs

Not everyone can adopt a pet, but if you would like to help you can make a kennel quilt and donate it.   The Quilt Pattern Magazine will be hosting an online kennel quilting weekend March 18th-19th. Click here for more info!  A great way to spend Worldwide Quilting Day!

Have a wonderful day, whatever you do, and hopefully it involves working on a quilt!

No comments: