Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Two quilt tops and a pouch

I've really enjoyed reading all the comments on yesterday's post!  I am really loving hearing about what everyone's favorite blocks are.  I feel like the old classics like Ohio Star and Churn Dash are still good solid blocks that many people enjoy making even now.  I don't think they will ever go out of style!

I had an enjoyable afternoon yesterday as my youngest daughter came to visit!  She brought over her new shipment of Young Living oils and I decided she needed a pouch to put them in.  I found an easy tutorial on Patchwork Posse.  I dumped out my scrap bin, had her choose a few fabrics and got to work!

It was fun seeing the fabrics she chose, she's definitely not a little girl any more - her picks were a lot different that what she would have chosen before she left home for college!  It was also fun because she brought a friend home with her and she was really interested in learning about quilting.  I gave her some of my scraps to start her own fabric stash with, and I had fun visiting with her while I sewed!

I was a little frustrated while making this because my thread started breaking, then my tension went crazy loose.  I got through finishing the pouch, and after making a couple of scrunchies for her friend, I shut it down for the night.  First thing this morning I took the time to thoroughly clean and oil my Juki and she was much happier after that!  I got a lot of sewing done this afternoon.  I have two quilt tops all ready to quilt, just have to go pick up some muslin for the backing.

I love the way the vintage embroidery quilt looks with the blue border!  This one is going to be quilted with a double layer of batting, wool on top of a cotton batting.  Can't wait to see how it comes out!

The second one is Cat's Fancy - I made this last year, but had a request to make a second one.  This was a kit I purchased.  

I'm ready to do some quilting, so am excited to get started on these!  After they are done, I have more projects lined up, so am happy to be on a roll, and that my machine is working well.  Now, I've got to figure out an easy table runner pattern for a project I need to finish this week.  Always something, I never seem to get caught up, but at least it's quilting so it's fun!  

Linking up with Connie for Linky Tuesday - lots of inspiration there to check out!

No comments: