Saturday, July 15, 2017

Sewing Room Clean Up - Day 5

I finished up my final day by cleaning out the basket I keep by the door of the sewing room. This is usually where I put the mending projects and items that need to be picked up after mending.  It gets pretty messy, so I usually try to clean it out once a month, but I'm behind on that.  At any rate here is the before shot:

Yep, it's pretty full!  The top item is a pair of sweat pants that need the seat patched up a bit - I'll take care of that over the weekend.  There was also a big pile of batting scraps to be sorted through and put away or tossed.  A couple bags of pants that need to be picked up.  A sweater that I pulled off on a warm day and left, as well as one with a hole that I need to mend so I can wear it next winter.

It only took about 15 minutes to put things away and then I had a nice after to enjoy before I left for work:

Much better!

The next area I need to tackle is my way overflowing scrap bin, but that's going to be a longer term project.  I think I'll try to dig it out in increments over the rest of the month.  I've pulled out a couple patterns for scrappy quilts and plan to cut some 2 1/2 strips to sew up and some squares as well.

For the weekend, my goal is to get a couple of those UFO projects off my list.  I have a sample quilt for the quilt shop to quilt and bind as well as a small panel quilt that I can quilt and add to my Etsy shop.  Then I can plan out my week - that Baby clothes quilt is ready for working on and several wedding gowns have arrived and are ready to be bustled!  Always something to do, but at least now I feel like I have tamed the mess in my sewing room and am ready to be productive.

No comments: