Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Drifting Leaves PDF Quilt Pattern for Fall!

This is my favorite month of the year, I love the changing of seasons, and the beautiful colors of fall.  To celebrate I designed a free pattern for my Etsy shop - Drifting Leaves.  I always wonder how many people actually take time to make these blocks - so I was really excited to see what one of my fellow Quiltsy team members on Etsy made with my block!

Donna of Lawson Creations did a beautiful job of making a fun table topper with the block pattern.  I was delighted that she gave me credit as well - it's always nice to be acknowledged.  She has lots of fun and affordable quilts in her shop - make sure you check it out!

Click picture to go to this pattern on Etsy
I think designing block and quilt patterns is one of my favorite quilting activities.  This particular block is definitely one I want to make into a quit.  I think it will be fun to use lots of fall colors for the leaves and use the same red fabrics in each block to make a scrappy quilt.  Hopefully I can find time to work on some blocks before the fall inspiration fades for the year!

Do you like making seasonal quilts, too? 

No comments: