Friday, February 16, 2018

More Crazy Jane blocks finished

I realized that we are already more than halfway through the month and I have not done a single block on my Crazy Jane quilt!  I'm supposed to get two rows finished this month, and I need to make about 17 blocks to meet that goal.  So I guess I'd better get cracking!  I managed to finish up four new blocks in the last two days.  The first block is H1 - Peek-a-boo.  I did this one with traditional piecing.  The measurements were just slightly off of your normal even measurements, but I managed and it came out perfectly!

The next block was H2 - Jacob Anthony.  I printed out foundations for piecing the triangles, then used freezer paper templates and sewed the background pieces on traditionally.  Then I appliqued the triangles on the corners.  I was pleased with the results!


The third block was H3 - Berry Basket.  Foundation piecing all the way on this one, and it didn't take very long finish!


The final block is H6 - Pie sale.  12 tiny quarter circles to applique, but after that it sews together easy as "pie"
Tomorrow I am concentrating on seeing if I can finish the rest of row G so I can add it to my top!  At least now I'm just about to the point where a block a day will get me to my goal.

Are you going to get some quilting in this weekend?  I hope so!  Holiday weekends are great for quilting :)

Linking up with Finish it up Friday, and with Finished or Not Friday

1 comment:

Barb said...

I have always wanted to do one of those quilts.... good luck with yours.