Saturday, February 10, 2018

Sometimes good things come in BIG packages!

Where has this week gone?  Gosh, it seems like it was just Monday morning and I was looking forward to a relatively quiet week, and now it's Saturday already!  There was indeed some excitement in my week - I was shipped a new box of Island Batik Ambassador goodies.  That was definitely a highlight!  Island Batik is very generous to provide us beautiful fabric to work with and show to our followers on social media!  Aurifil thread and Hobbs also provided us with some wonderful goodies as well, and I am so appreciative of their generosity as well.

First of all, though, I got two quilt tops pieced.  The first  one was a shop sample for an owl quilt featuring Forest Owl from Clothworks fabric.  We only ordered two of the coordinating fabrics, but I found lots of other fabrics that worked with the beautiful colors at Threads That Bind.  I ended up changing my original design slightly to make it easier to put together.  I didn't really want to try to write a pattern with 12 partial seams!

Super cute!  It is going to get small borders in the orange fabric to frame it, then it will be ready for quilting.

Then I also got the top ready for the class I'll be teaching in March.  Still getting the pattern finished up, but that should also be available quite soon.  This is a quilt I designed last year while I was doing my Quilter's Recipe Box block of the month and I think it will be a great beginners class.  We cover regular piecing, strip piecing, half square triangles, block assembly, top assembly and borders!  All this in four weeks.  Should be fun!

I guess that kept me busy so that I wasn't pacing the floor waiting for that lovely Ambassador Box to arrive!  When it arrived on Thursday morning I couldn't wait to show it off, so did a video, complete with exercise clothes and crazy hair!




And now I know how to flip the video so it won't be backwards next time!  I didn't realize that there is a way to do that in the live video settings, so I'll tell you how so I won't forget!  All you have to do is tap the little magic wand at the bottom left side of the screen, tap the little tool icon at the bottom right, and at the left you tap the horizontal flip button!  No more backwards videos!  Yay!

So, the contents of my box were very exciting!  I've been petting my fabric and dreaming about what things I can come up with.
I'm checking out patterns to use that lovely rayon fabric.  I can see a couple new tops in my future!

I was shocked to see how much thread I've used from the cone I was sent this spring in my Aurifil Artisan collection!  I love that neutral, it really works well on just about everything!

These fabrics have been cut to pieces and are becoming a couple of projects.  I'm enjoying working with the pink and red right now - puts me in a happy mood :)

Time to get out into the sun and walk - we've had a nice week of lovely weather, I'll take some pictures of the cherry trees that are blooming right now, you will love them!

Have a wonderful day!


Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts for finish it up Friday, and with Busy Hands Quilts for Finished or Not Friday.
Finished or Not Friday at Busy Hands Quilts

3 comments:

Quilting Tangent said...

Congratulations, looking forward to seeing the projects.

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

Congratulations on piecing two quilt tops and receiving your ambassador fabric!

Turid said...

So fun. I have to wait another week or two.