Tuesday, May 08, 2018

Is Prom season over yet?

Sigh...it's that time of year when my fingers are crossed that I've received the last frantic call for help with a frothy, bejeweled gown. I do love working with the girls and the dresses are lovely, but after you've done 6 or 8 in three weeks it does lose its charm a bit!  At least temporarily!

After working all afternoon on a beautiful blush gown with tons of beading on the bodice and three layers of tulle over a satin skirt, I did take some time and finish up this custom order journal cover - I think I'll have to made another to add to my shop.   The original was a Project Quilting entry and it sold quickly, plus I got a request to make this one. 
I'm contemplating writing up a pattern for this version - but I think I'd like to figure out a different pieced background for the Dresden sun.  As always, I have more ideas in my head than I have time to get them out!

I just discovered the joy of listening to podcasts as I sew!  So far I have only listened to a few, but am looking for some more sewing/quilting - any recommendations?  I enjoyed listening to While She Naps yesterday, and hope to find more interesting shows to listen to!  Some days I love having something interesting to think on while I am sewing.  At other times, I love the quiet. I guess it just depends on the mood of the day and what's going on in my head.

Have a happy day!


2 comments:

Alison V. said...

Oh I remember my mom altering SO many dresses for family friends for weddings and proms growing up!

Kathleen said...

Your journal cover is terrific! Nice to be done with the alterations....fortunately I did get to avoid ever doing that (shhh don’t tell anyone I could if needed).