Monday, August 07, 2006

The quilt that didn't win a ribbon



This is the comforter I made in January to keep me warm at night! It didn't get any ribbons, but I just entered it for fun.

 I made this all from my stash. It amounts to about 20 light fat quarters and 20 dark fat quarters for the top. I even had the backing so the only purchase I had to make was for the batting.

 I used 2 layers of an extra loft poly to make it really warm and fluffy. It's tied with perle cotten at the corners of the blocks. When you enter a tied quilt they look to see if the ties are all tied in the same direction. Mine weren't! I also had the comment that the ties were too tight? I can't quite figure that one out, but I like the quilt and it's really cozy on cold winter nights, so it fulfills its purpose.

2 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

I never knew the ties needed to be tied in the same direction... & too tight... That is a new one. I thought they needed to be tight so that a kitty or kid would not be able to untie it...

Kyoko said...

Wow, wow, wow! You have been makind so many wonderful quilts!! They are so amazing!